열일곱 살인 프랑카는 후고벤스 제철소의 공장 연기 아래에서 아버지와 함께 살고 있다. 아버지와 집안일을 돌보는 역할을 맡고 있던 그녀는, 윈드서퍼인 케스와 사랑에 빠지면서 자신과 아버지와의 관계를 새로운 눈으로 돌아보기 시작한다.
Franka (17) lives with her father under the smoke of the Hoogovens steel works. She takes care of her father and the household. When Franka falls in love with the windsurfer Kes, she starts to see this relationship in a different light.
Festival screenings & awards:
- Netherlands Film Festival, the Netherlands (25 September – 4 October, 2013)
- Nieuwe Lichting
Scenecs, The International Debut Film Festival, the Netherlands (6 – 10 November, 2013)
Dutch Golden Stone Competition – Nomination: Best Fiction Film
- Asiana International Short Film Festival, South-Korea (7 – 12 November, 2013)
International Competition – Won: Grand Prize
- Zinebi – International Festival of Documentary and Short Film, Spain (15 – 22 November, 2013)
- International Film Festival Etiuda&Anima, Poland (22 – 25 November, 2013)
Competition – Won: The Great (Un)Appreciated
- Go Short – International Short Film Festival Nijmegen (9 – 13 March, 2014)
- Sehsüchte International Student Film Festival, Germany (30 April – 4 May, 2014)
- International Short Film Festival Oberhausen (1 – 6 May, 2014)
Children’s and Youth Film Competition – 16+ program Won: Certificate of the Ecumenical Jury
- FEST – New Directors/New Films Festival (24 – 30 June, 2014)
Short Film Competition
- Beginning – St.Petersburg International Festival of Debut and Student Films, Russia (10 – 17 October, 2014)
Student Competition Won: Best Student Short Fiction Film
- CAMERIMAGE Film Festival, Poland (15 – 21 November, 2014)
Out of competition: Student Etudes Panorama
- Oulu International Children’s and Youth Film Festival, Finland (17 – 23 November, 2014)
Out of competition: Shorts
- Festival Tous Courts, France (1 – 6 December, 2014)
International Short Film Competition
- Grand OFF Best Independent Films Awards, Poland (4 – 7 December, 2014)
Nomination: Best Script
- Clermont-Ferrand – International Short Film Festival, France (30 January – 7 February, 2015)
Out of competition: Netherlands Film Academy retrospective
암스테르담 출생. 2009년 더블린 국립영화원 졸업. 학교를 다니면서 <온딘> (2009, 닐 조던 감독)과 <앤드 오브 워> (2009, 다니스 타노비치 감독) 현장에서 견습 조감독으로 일했다. 암스테르담으로 돌아와 2013년 <철의 시간>으로 네덜란드 영화 아카데미 극영화 연출 과정을 마쳤다.
Flynn von Kleist is a director. He was born in Amsterdam and moved to the South-West coast of Ireland as a kid with his family. He studied at the National Film School, IADT in Dublin and went to the NFA in Amsterdam to continue his studies, specializing in direction.
He has directed several short films and is currently finishing his first feature film, I Don’t Wanna Dance.